UX Designer, Overwatch Websites
Blizzard’s Web & Mobile team is looking to enlist a seasoned UX designer to develop world class user experiences for the official Overwatch and Overwatch League websites. As a UX designer, you will team up with program managers, engineers, editors, and other designers to translate complex concepts into beautiful, fluid, engaging experiences. Designers are at the front line of everything we do, advocating for the best interests of our players through user studies, story-mapping, prototyping, and testing. Your work will be instrumental in shaping and validating our product vision, which you will defend like a Bastion atop a rapidly approaching payload.
This position is perfect for candidates who are self-motivated, willing to learn, and excited about joining a team of web heroes bound together by a common passion to create the best user experiences possible.
- Design and conduct user testing sessions to help validate existing flows and discover opportunities for improvement
- Architect site maps, user journeys, and interactive web experiences that balance business and user requirements
- Derive practical ideas and solutions from research and analytics
- Create and maintain style guides and reference documentation to support a coherent visual experience across several projects
- Present wireframes, prototypes, and mock-ups clearly and confidently (through both written and in-person communication) to team members and partners
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in design-related discipline: interaction, information or interface design, HCI, visual communication, etc.
- Knowledge of web standards and best practices related to accessibility and usability
- Ability to adapt to the Blizzard art style, taking UI assets and artwork from Overwatch and organizing them into beautiful, immersive layouts and designs
- Solid grasp of modern web practices, including atomic design, grid patterns, mobile conventions, and responsive design
- Proficiency using tools for rapid wireframing and prototyping, such as the Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, and/or Axure
- Self-motivated, willing to learn, and excited about working in a fast-paced environment
- Serious passion for gaming and sincere belief in Blizzard’s Core Values
- Open-minded, friendly, and positive attitude
- Experience working with Agile development methodologies
- Design experience on large-scale gaming industry websites
- Excitement for competitive Overwatch and esports
- Pocket Mercy healer
Required Application Materials:
- Portfolio (URL or PDF)
- Should showcase case studies, wireframes, prototypes, mockups, etc.
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top