- Irvine, CA
Job Title: Unity Developer
Requisition ID: R002394
We are looking for a talented and versatile Unity Developer who is excited to implement an amazing experience for our players. If you have a passion for game development and want to participate in the future of Blizzard, we would love to hear from you!
Our team values creativity, collaboration and a commitment to quality and we are searching for like-minded developers to add to our team of talented game makers. Everyone on our team is empowered to influence the direction of the game, and the ideal candidate will have a passion for quality and player experience. Blizzard offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
Our ideal Unity Developer will work closely with our artists, designers, and engineers to design and implement Unity-based UI, gameplay, and tooling. You could be streamlining our prefab structure, authoring UI tooling, implementing UI, or implementing a new gameplay feature! The ideal candidate will be comfortable in most aspects of Unity development and able to jump from one need to the next.
- Work closely with artists, designers, and engineers to implement Unity-based features and supporting those features through tooling as needed
- Implement user interface screens, transitions, animations, and VFX
- Support content creation pipelines, tool development, and workflow improvements
- Build performant, sustainable, and maintainable technologies and code
- Iterate using player feedback to optimize for simplicity, comprehension, and function
- Champion Blizzard's core values, especially "Commit to Quality"
- Strong, proven programming skills (C#, .NET Core and Standard)
- 3+ years working with the Unity platform in gaming or interaction design field
- Experience with Unity specific performance analysis and code optimization
- Understand the core challenges of Unity mobile development
- Ability to work well within a dynamic, cross-discipline, and iterative team environment
- Self-motivated, collaborative, excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Positive attitude and an ability to receive and provide objective feedback
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
- Experience authoring custom editors, inspectors, and tooling within Unity
- Working knowledge of common UI technical architecture and patterns, with an emphasis on the Unity specific implementations of UI
- Real passion for mobile games, and/or games industry experience
- iOS and/or Android software development expertise
Back to top