- Irvine, CA
Job Title: UI Designer
Requisition ID: R002292
Pull up a chair and join us by the hearth! Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an experienced UI Designer to work with the Hearthstone team on new and exciting content for our players. With 10 Mana Crystals at the ready, this individual's many talents and creativity will help continue to add quality art to Hearthstone, building a phenomenal user experience for the game. If you wish to be a part of a small, close-knit team of creatives whose greatest dream is to make valuable contributions to a game you feel passionately about, then we want to talk with you! Blizzard offers a fun, creative, and challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
Blizzard Entertainment is currently looking for an experienced, creative, and artistically talented User Interface designer for Hearthstone. The UI designer will work closely with the rest of the UI team, artists and designers to conceptualize and design user interfaces for both desktop and mobile platforms.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Understand and build upon Hearthstone's visual identity and design language
- Apply and maintain a consistent user flow throughout the entire project interface
- Create wireframe, concept sketches to support purposed UI interaction models
- Work collaboratively with the UI team and iterate using feedback to drive and polish features to a high-quality state
- Collaborate with a team of artists and engineers to carry design from concept into final implementation
- A minimum of 3 years' experience working as UI designer in gaming, or interaction design field
- Strong understanding of usability design principals
- Understanding of Blizzard Entertainment's design philosophy
- Strong visual design skills - an understanding of Hearthstone's visual identity and sensibilities (Although texture painting skill is not required, the candidate must be able to communicate effectively with other artists on how to achieve the visual target)
- Must be willing to adapt Hearthstone's unique work flow and pick up technical knowledge on the go.
- Able to work well with a team in a dynamic, cross-discipline, and iterative setting
- A passion for video games, and user interface design
- Experience working in Unity
- Experience designing UI for mobile
- Passion for Hearthstone, table-top games, other Blizzard titles, and gaming in general
- Traditional 2D sketching and composition skills
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Cover Letter (recommended)
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog, or online album)
- Must be willing to complete a design test if required to do so
Back to top