Test Analyst, Hearthstone
The concept of “Blizzard polish,” that is, the infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games, is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. It’s a responsibility shared across the company – and its undisputed heart and soul is Blizzard QA.
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a detail-oriented, self-driven Test Analyst to join our Hearthstone Quality Assurance team with a focus on technical testing for development tools and mobile applications.
The ideal candidate must be able to communicate with engineers, producers and other test analysts while working in a fast-paced environment with a frequent release schedule to help us continue to deliver unforgettable gaming experiences for years to come.
We’re searching for like-minded folks with a passion for QA. Blizzard QA is a close-knit team; we care about iteration, problem solving, and succeeding as a group. We genuinely love what we do for a living, and expect the same from everyone who joins us! If your career is ready for its next great challenge, get in touch and let’s get to work!
About the Job
Imagine a world that is under a constant threat of dark, destructive forces; evil powers that cause Hearthstone to crash just as you’re about to win in Arena at 11 wins and 2 losses, minions can’t follow orders and dance all over the place, and the Innkeeper doesn’t know your name. There is terror in the air. Players all around the world are paralyzed; filled with despair as they stare at their screens in shock. This is where you come in: a hero who will embark on a series of quests to uncover bugs, find defects, and right what is wrong to bring peace to players across the globe.
We are looking for an analytical advocate of quality. As a Test Analyst, you will contribute to the testing efforts by generating test documentation, providing early feedback to shape the product, and executing test cases. Your critical thinking skills, and passion for improving our processes will give gamers the best experiences on the arena.
- Partner with test stakeholders to collaboratively identify and meet test objectives
- Draft test plans with a strategic selection of test methods and approach
- Analyze and prioritize the value of manual testing for automation
- Develop test suites, cases, estimations, and report on durations
- Execute test, document test results, and measure impact
- Report on the user experience and test results, escalating when necessary
- Understand design tenets and be an oracle of knowledge for a component, system, or feature
- Ensure test tool data is high quality, fully traceable, and updated daily
- Document and maintain all necessary testware
- Participate in test closure activities; e.g. testware evaluation, knowledge transfer, and retrospectives
- Champion the customer experience at all times
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Software testing experience: 5 years
- Mobile software testing experience: 2 years
- Certified ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst or equivalent
- Experience with build systems, continuous integration and test value for such an environment
- Experience with game engines, content and asset editors, and shared technologies
- Ability to analyze and interpret data/workflows, recognize critical issues, and raise concerns
- Understands various software development life cycle best practices
- Passion for video games and software quality
- Gray box and white box testing experience
- Experience with mobile IDEs: Android Studio, Xcode
- Experience with application lifecycle and test case management software development planning tools
- Familiarity with the major mobile (Google Play, Amazon, Apple) storefronts and submission processes
- Familiarity with Blizzard Entertainment line of products and services
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top