Technical QA Engineer
Major League Gaming, a division of Activision Blizzard, is a worldwide leader in esports and serves as the operational foundation, partnership hub, and media production network for the Overwatch League and Call of Duty World League.
As a member of the MLG and Blizzard team, you will work alongside passionate, knowledgeable and experienced teammates to help continue building on our history of success in esports!
- Work with development and quality assurance teams to develop test plans and approach for products and present the QA perspective.
- Analyze design and source code to determine needed test hooks and API testing.
- Identify and design, and implement technical solutions that increase test efficacy, effectiveness, and coverage while reducing test costs.
- Design, use, and modify scripts to implement technical tests.
- Analyze test data and results to identify patterns and influence engineering quality.
- Determine metrics for testing, monitor results, and relay risk to stakeholders.
- Gather requirements for and implement continuous test improvement.
- Develop training materials for project team and lead workshops for technical test design, requirements gathering, and risk identification.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- 1-3 years of experience in architecture of and writing test scripts in Selenium
- Proven ability in writing test scripts within the following frameworks:
- PHP (5.6, 7.x)
- Laravel 5
- Open source packages such as:
- 1-3 years of experience Proven ability to create data analysis tools and interpret large data sets
- 1-3 years of experience in testing on multiple platforms, Windows, Mac, console, and mobile
- Passion for video games and software quality
- 1-3 years of experience with application lifecycle and test case management software development planning tools
- 1-3 years of experience with JIRA and test case management software
- 1-3 years of experience with enterprise software automation solutions
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top