Technical Lead (Web Full Stack), Desktop Applications
We, the engineers of the Battle.net & Online Products Applications Group, are looking for a passionate software engineer to join our Battle.net Desktop Application team. Our team provides the gateway to a vibrant and thriving online gaming community. We put Blizzard’s epic games into the hands of the world’s most passionate and loyal players. We share amazing content immersing players into the rich universes we craft. Together, we deliver Blizzard Entertainment to millions of players across the globe every day.
Our Desktop App team develops the Battle.net Desktop Application for both PC and Mac. The Desktop App presents a seamless experience for Blizzard’s products: content about Blizzard games, a portal to the digital store, a hub to update and launch games, and a place where millions of players can socialize with their friends. Our primary mission is to create an entertaining, approachable, and accessible portal to get our players immersed and enjoying Blizzard’s games with their friends as quickly and effortlessly as possible. If that sounds like the quest you’re looking for and if you love leading an incredible team, come join our family!
The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ superpowered engineers, program managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, browsing our web content or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
- Passion for delivering amazing features to millions of players
- Experience leading successful development teams
- Expert knowledge of HTML, CSS, and DOM
- Familiarity with HTTP and basic networking concepts
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent experience
- Experience creating and operating high scale web sites
- Experience with C++ application development
- Familiarity with security standards
- Familiarity with Docker, NGINX, or OAuth
- Experience with public cloud providers and cloud architectural patterns
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Jan M.Lead AI Engineer, Overwatch
Jan and his team work to design and develop the concepts that will be incorporated into future releases of Blizzard’s Overwatch League—the game's professional e-sports league.
Back to top