Technical Artist, Diablo
We Need You
The minions of Hell are growing stronger...
We're working on a new, unannounced Diablo project. Are you a skilled Technical Artist? Come work with us, and together we will build something exceptional.
Our team of talented developers is growing. Our backgrounds are diverse, but we all share a real passion for what we do. We believe that if you’re looking for a tight-knit crew that celebrates self-expression and embraces collaboration, we might be a phenomenal fit for you.
Stuff We Will Trust You With
Your tools and pipeline knowledge will give our team what they need to hack and slash through hordes of demons. You will help the environment and prop teams define, create, maintain and streamline the modelling and world-building pipeline and processes to bring to life the world of Sanctuary. Your responsibilities include forging tools, educating artists in the use of technology and helping them hit visual targets.
Would you excel in an environment of peers who are enthusiastic about working on the dark gothic world of Diablo, and would you love making phenomenal games, killing millions of monsters and getting loot? Of course you would!
Stuff You Can Rightfully Brag About
What will it take to be successful in this role? Well, we’re always looking for people who are game developers first and who can help us become even better than we are today, so these are probably some of your previous achievements:
- Experience implementing and maintaining art content pipelines, which match both technical requirements and artistic goals.
- Knowledge of modern game engines and rendering techniques.
- Ability to profile assets and environments, recommending optimization targets and techniques
- Scripting experience with Python (or equivalent scripting language) to automate the environment asset creation process
- Self-driven, good communicator and a great team-player
- Previously shipped AAA PC or console titles in an equivalent role
How You Will Stand Out
Most importantly, we want to get to know your authentic self, because life’s too short to pretend to be something you’re not (unless we’re talking cosplay of course). That said, we hope you have:
- Experience using Substance Designer / Painter
- Experience with Maya
- Experience with HLSL/GLSL
- Knowledge and understanding of the Diablo universe
And yeah, you will need these things to apply
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant programming and artistic skills required
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album)
- Must be willing to complete a test if requested to do so
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top