Technical Artist, Character
The minions of hell grow stronger! Our family of diabolically talented developers is expanding. Our backgrounds are varied but we all share a passion for the dark, gothic, and macabre. If you value a tightknit team that celebrates self-expression and a multi-disciplinary approach, then join us on the Diablo team! Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an exceptionally skilled Technical Artist to work on all things Diablo.
Your tools and pipeline knowledge will give our team what they need to hack and slash through hordes of demons. You will help the animation team define, create, maintain and streamline the animation pipeline and processes for combat and monster slaying. Your responsibilities include forging tools, writing scripts and building rigs. You take on quests that will have you assisting with animation and dynamics such as in-game physics for cloth and ragdoll, as well as working with other teams to ensure that character models satisfy technical and animation needs.
Our ideal candidate possesses extensive experience working with 3D animation tools, the creation of character based rigs, as well as a deep understanding of good game play communication. You also work well in an environment of peers who are passionate about Diablo, have a basic knowledge of animation, enjoy making great games, killing demons and getting loot!
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience designing, creating and supporting complex character, facial and weapon rigs in Maya (or equivalent 3D program)
- Extensive experience building tools to improve animation, rigging and/or character pipelines
- Able to own the skinning process for a variety of characters, garments and gear
- High level scripting experience with Python (or equivalent scripting language) to automate the character animation process
- Familiarity with in-game character physics such as cloth and ragdoll
- Self-driven, good communicator and a great team-player
- Previously shipped AAA PC or console titles in an equivalent role
- Strong passion for developing games
- Knowledge and understanding of the Diablo universe
- Fundamental animation skills
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album)
- Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top