Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a high performing, and versatile Systems Engineer to join the IT Events team. Our unique blend of challenges, opportunities, environment, and people all help make Blizzard the studio worthy of your career. You’ll be joining a small technical team focused on engineering, building and delivering the technology that powers Blizzard Events and Esports.
The ideal candidate is a highly organized individual passionate about delivering flawless experiences across Events ranging from local tournaments to epic scale events like BlizzCon. Excellent communication skills, collaboration skills and strong ability to adapt to shifting priorities are critical. If this sounds like you, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Engineer and build a scalable, modular, and mobile IT platform solution to run Esports tournaments, events, and broadcasts.
- Manage and administer the local Systems infrastructure for Overwatch League.
- Travel to event locations globally as needed to ensure flawless execution.
- Assist Desktop and Network disciplines in set up and deployment at each event.
- Work with internal Blizzard IT teams to integrate new systems and architecture.
- Work with the game development teams to prepare and administer event game services.
- A minimum of 5 years’ in Systems Engineering and Administration or equivalent experience.
- Experience with supporting production systems in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience administering a corporate Windows Server environment including Active Directory, Group Policy, and configuration/deployment systems.
- Experience with virtualized infrastructure such as VMWare or OpenStack.
- Strong familiarity administering Linux systems running RHEL/CentOS.
- Experience administering HP ProLiant or Cisco UCS server hardware.
- Familiarity with configuration management tools such as Puppet.
- Familiarity managing and configuring monitoring tools such as Solarwinds.
- Strong scripting skills with Powershell, Bash or other languages.
- Exceptional inter-personal skills, oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative.
- A passion for video games.
- Able (and willing) to lift a minimum of 45 lbs.
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top