Blizzard Entertainment’s global information systems team is looking for an experienced and talented systems administrator to help Blizzard support and improve its corporate server infrastructure systems and storage in China. The ideal candidate is a passionate about IT technologies, has a strong focus on server physical and virtual hardware, Windows and Linux operating systems and is great at troubleshooting application issues. He / She will perform day to day operational duties and be an escalation point for other support teams when needed. This individual will also serve as a key resource on projects, working directly with project managers and global teams on server and operating systems related technology solutions for Blizzard.
This role requires interaction with other Blizzard support and business teams, therefore strong communication and interpersonal skills are required as well as a desire for delivering great customer service.
- Develop and maintain a world class physical, virtual server, and storage infrastructure.
- Work closely with other teams to ensure proper systems setup and configuration.
- Oversees the day-to-day management of physical and virtual servers.
- Oversees the day-to-day management of storage services.
- Primary support escalation points for critical outages and issues in relation of data storage for our China office.
- Able to implement complex projects and time-sensitive tasks under minimal supervision.
- Evaluate and recommend emerging technologies, systems engineering and architecture standards and strategies to increase reliability and manageability.
- Provide system support for eSports events
- Provide 24X7 on call support as part of an on-call rotation
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience with Windows server, and / or CentOS systems
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience with virtual environment such as VMware
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience with NAS / SAN solutions such as NetApp FAS, EMC VNX, EMC Isilon, HP 3PAR
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience with D2D or Tape backup solutions such as NetBackup or CommVault
- Experience with data management protocol: DFS, CIFS, NFS, and NDMP
- Experience with storage networking such as iSCSI or Fiber Channel
- Working knowledge of data management best practices
- Strong working knowledge of hardware, OS and application troubleshooting
- Strong scripting skills (PowerShell, Perl, BASH, python, etc.)
- Familiar with AD, LDAP, DNS and DHCP
- Knowledge of computer security systems, applications, procedures and techniques
- Highly motivated and self-driven, capable of working with little instruction to resolve demanding tasks
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong sense of teamwork
- Fluent in English
- A degree in computer science or a related field
- Experience with automation systems such as Puppet, Foreman, Chef
- Experience with monitoring systems and best practices
- Experience with EMC vxRail and NBU appliance
- Basic network knowledge such as CCNA
- Understanding of ITIL framework and processes
- A passion for video games
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top