Job Title: Staff Data Engineer - Activision Blizzard Media
Requisition ID: R005233
Activision Blizzard Media is the gateway for brands to the #1 cross-platform gaming company in the western world, with hundreds of millions of players across over 190 countries.
Our legendary portfolio includes iconic mobile game franchises such as Candy Crush™, esports opportunities like the Call of Duty® and Overwatch® Leagues, and some of the top PC and console gaming franchises such as World of Warcraft®, Call of Duty®, and StarCraft®.
The idea is simple: great game experiences offer great marketing experiences.
If you want to create amazing user experiences using the latest technologies, then this is the right job for you. You're an excellent communicator, happy to work with people from several different business units. You can translate business needs into technical requirements and implementation. We are problem solvers, constantly reviewing how and why we do things and learning from each other. We are experimental, trying out new tech and ideas and willing to take risks to drive the entire industry forward. We are sociable and fun, and we like to hang out together. We are passionate, some might even say quirky, and while we love what we do, our lives are about more than work. We love games, and are obsessed with creating the best player experience.
- Partner with senior engineers, architects and product owners to build scalable data pipeline and services.
- Work with the product team to understand the business requirements and translate them into the development/design tasks.
- Be a role model in engineering best practices and design/coding standard.
- Choose the right technology stack to align with the use cases and scalability.
- Collaborate with the other team members across different teams.
- Provide technical directions and mentor other engineers.
Game Changer - What You Bring To The Role
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in software design and development.
- Advance level expertise in Java Development.
- 2+ years of experience in working with relational databases such as MySQL, Postgres etc.
- 2+ years of experience in NoSQL databases like Bigtable, Cassandra, HBase etc.
- Experience with schema design and data modeling.
- Strong understanding of large-scale distributed data processing.
- Experience with developing extract-transform-load (ETL).
- Experience with distributed messaging systems like Kafka and RabbitMQ
- Experience with distributed computing framework like Apache Spark and Flink.
- Experience working with AWS or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Understanding of machine learning concepts and some experience in working with machine Learning libraries.
- Experience in building data warehouse and data lake.
- Knowledge of advertising platform.