Sr. Software Engineer, Global Insights
Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas, or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers—and we support our games for years after they’re in the hands of gamers world-wide.
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to join our Global Insights team to help shape the next generation of personalized player experiences. We are developing data-driven services to provide engaging experiences to our players. As part of this role, you will be responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of these services.
- Work with a team of engineers to build large scale data services and features.
- Debug issues in a production environment across multiple levels of the stack.
- Communicate effectively with the team and stakeholders.
- Promote a positive engineering and team culture.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience building back-end data services, API's, or Microservices in production.
- Strong track record leading and releasing large software projects or features
- Fluent in Java, with solid recent experience (Java 8 preferably)
- Solid knowledge of various relational databases and knowledge of SQL
- Experience with the Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Map Reduce, Pig, Hive, etc.)
- Enjoy and have experience building API's.
- Passionate about working with analytics systems and/or data models.
- Passion for gaming.
Required Application Materials
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top