Sr. Service Intelligence Analyst
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a seasoned service intelligence analyst for continuously improving our player's experience in China. The SI Analyst will need to fully understand the difference between data, information, and intelligence and have solid work experience in continuous live operations environment where end-users experience is a top priority. The role will report to the Operations Director, Blizzard China and dotted line to Director of Service Intelligence in the US.
- Analyze data and provide information to highlight areas of operational improvement.
- Focus on IT operations data analysis for our online game players related to IT services such as games/platform services, ISP performance, network latency, player disconnections, key systems success/failure rates, etc via working within a diversified environment across functions, teams and regions.
- Partner with global and local teams to understand, identify, define, implement requirements for information needs. Work with data teams to transform gathered data into information and analyze the information to drive improvements to business strategy.
- Regular reporting of services capacity, service availability to the Operations Director and the management team.
- Drive the gathering live services information, indicators of service health status and provide decision making analysis reporting.
- Handle ad-hoc data analysis assignments from the Operations Director on demand
- Report China-related IT intelligence, best practices, CN related services indicators to HQ counterparts and work alongside related teams to help drive improvement of China IT production services.
- At Least 6 years’ experience in business intelligence or related work experience is required.
- An excellent communicator in both oral and written forms, in both Chinese and English.
- Bachelor or above in Computer Science Engineering, Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or Economics
- Solid experience working with tools such as Tableau, SAS, Power BI, R Studio
- Expertise in programming and query languages SQL, HIVE and Python, Scala
- A creative problem solver who is anxious to blend data based solutions with business operations’ questions and problems
- Able to anticipate the needs of the service decision makers and provide actionable intelligence not just data or information
- Project management skills are desirable as well – much of the analyst’s work will take form in multi-week projects which will overlap with each other. Project management principles of time management, organization, and status communication are necessary.
- Candidate must be able to flex between work that is both long term and immediate/urgently needed. Working in a 24x7 live environment often requires a reprioritization of work at a moment’s notice.
- Performs under pressure – Despite tense workload or tight deadlines, calmly aligns resources to meet demands.
- Self-motivation and initiative – Finds things that need to get done and sees them through from start to end with little supervision
- A quick and self-learner – Can quickly pick up new concepts, idea, tools or system and make them into to practical working skills effectively contributing to solving production issues.
- Passion for making Blizzard video games the best in the world!
- Multinational company experience is preferred; online gaming operating experience is best.
- A team player
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top