Sr Recruiting Manager, Business Operations
Publishing and managing the business of Blizzard’s games is incredibly fun and rewarding. It is also an incredibly complex and massive business: multiple countries, multiple platforms, multiple business models, and this complexity grows by the day.
We’re looking for a recruiting manager who truly appreciates the role business operations plays in gaming. Blizzard is, in many respects, several studios in one. We develop our own games, and we publish them. Our in-house cinematics team is the size of a mid-level animation studio. We built and maintain our own gaming platform, Battle.net, which serves millions of players around the world. None of this would be possible without the support and partnership from the wide variety of passionate and talented business operations teams throughout the company.
Our game teams are only the tip of a rather large iceberg, and it takes every team to help deliver Blizzard-quality entertainment experiences to our players. In short, business operations recruiting is critical to our success. As the recruiting manager for our business operations organizations, you will lead a recruiting team in the pursuit of outstanding marketing, business development, strategy, finance, HR, business intelligence and other critical functions.
In this role you will report to the head of talent acquisition. You’ll work with your team to set recruiting / sourcing strategies, build relations with key business leaders and help set and drive the talent acquisition agenda for our important business functions.
- Lead the recruiting team on the day-to-day execution of all recruiting assignments.
- Provide leadership, guidance and support to the team in driving recruiting strategies and process.
- Manage full-cycle recruiting process with a focus on strong hiring manager partnership and candidate advocacy.
- Identify, set, and manage to key recruitment metrics; holding recruiters accountable to metrics that are meaningful to the business.
- Manage weekly / monthly / quarterly cadence and flow of information to hiring managers, HR business partners, and other recruiting stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with hiring managers, HR business partners, sourcers, and other stakeholders to the recruiting process.
- Focus on implementing programs to both increase both operational effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Evaluate and manage the effectiveness of recruitment programs within your team; including performance metrics, applicant tracking, data integrity, pipeline health, and meeting agreed upon SLA's to the business.
- Partner with HR business partners on hiring strategies, compensation plans, and headcount planning, etc.
- Provide leadership and direction to your team and peers, as well as cross functional leadership to HR partners as it relates to recruitment programs.
- Manage, grow, motivate, and energize team and function.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record designing and implementing recruiting strategies that yield hiring results, ideally in gaming, technology, or entertainment organizations. In addition, the successful candidate will have experience serving as a talent advisor to hiring managers, HR, and other recruiting stakeholders. This position requires in-depth experience and technical strength in leadership, recruiting, sourcing, executive communication, staffing technology, operations, and team management.
- A minimum of 12 years’ recruiting experience with a minimum of 5 years in a recruiting leadership role
- Experience to include a minimum of 5 years of corporate (in-house) recruiting
- Proven capabilities as a manager and great developer of talent
- A clear communicator with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to manage multiple projects across multiple organizations in a fast paced environment
- Proven track record of developing and influencing recruiting best practices and implementation of those practices across client groups
- Proven ability to work with senior level candidates and hiring managers
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to manage through change with little supervision and work independently
- Self-motivated, positive, and flexible outlook
- High commitment to excellence and customer service
- In depth experience with a variety of applicant tracking systems, candidate relationship management software, and / or other recruiting technologies
- Undergraduate degree
- In-depth knowledge in the gaming industry and / or a passion for games
- Experience in technology or entertainment companies
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top