Sr Program Manager, IT PMO-Broadcast
Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running (and our ranking continues to rise!). We are a community of 4000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but entertainment and the technology that drives our users experience. Our goal is to delight our customers by never settling for anything but the highest quality and providing worlds filled with creativity and adventure around every corner. You are bright, engaging, eager to learn, and ready to make an impact. We've been waiting for you.
Blizzard is seeking a high performing Program Manager to join the IT PMO. You will join a team of PMs focused on delivering epic IT products, tools, and experiences. Our goal is simple; build and deliver IT experiences that set the bar for innovation, quality and reliability. The ideal candidate is a highly organized individual passionate about delivering flawless experiences across corporate IT products and services.
The primary function of this role is embedding with the broadcasting team and managing all IT related projects for broadcasting. The PM’s are accountable for driving the successful execution of all IT projects across an assigned program area while consistently raising the PM standards. You will help the broadcasting team manage multiple complex projects and releases and will be deeply familiar with all activity across your program area. You will partner with corporate IT to organize and prioritize tasks. We want someone who seeks out opportunities to share learnings and best practices, has excellent collaboration skills and understands the challenges associated with managing live services.
- Mastery of tools and processes available to successfully run a project.
- Ability to identify order of importance and urgency among individual projects, portfolios and operational tasks.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with resources, stakeholders, colleagues and leaders.
- Produce effective results: Ensure project goals, objectives, milestones and deliverables are achieved on schedule.
- Assume accountability of tracking, monitoring, removing roadblocks and reporting for assigned program area. Delivering high quality service to stakeholders.
- Drive continuous improvement within designated program area. Always thinking about how to optimize, refine, and do more with less.
- Drive service availability: Drive the post incident process.
- Actively mentor less senior members of the team.
- Planning project milestones/tasks, schedules and resources.
- Communicate schedules, updates, status, major decisions, risks and blockers.
- Requirements gathering: Includes appropriate stakeholders to properly collect comprehensive requirements.
- Facilitate or create appropriate project documentation. Define and socialize standards.
- 5+ years of experience managing a portfolio of technical corporate IT projects.
- Expert knowledge of Project Management methodologies.
- Strong Leadership.
- Experience providing corporate IT support for a broadcast organization
- 5+ Years of experience working on Broadcast IT Systems such as:
*Media Asset Management
*Video Signal Workflows
*Video IP Transport
*External file sharing systems
- Mastery of Atlassian product suite
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Scrum Master Certification
- MS Project Certification
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top