Sr Program Manager, IT PMO-Battle.net
Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running (and our ranking continues to rise!). We are a community of 4000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but entertainment and the technology that drives our users experience. Our goal is to delight our customers by never settling for anything but the highest quality and providing worlds filled with creativity and adventure around every corner. You are bright, engaging, eager to learn and ready to make an impact. We've been waiting for you
Blizzard is seeking a high performing Senior Program Manager to join a team of IT Program Managers partnering with our Battle.net platform team. Battle.net ensures that while playing Blizzard’s games, or interacting socially with friends or purchasing from our extensive e-commerce offerings, that our players are immersed in an engaging, exciting, and secure experience.
The primary function of this role is managing all IT related projects and services. The IT PM’s are the central point of contact and liaison between the IT organization and Battle.net. The ideal candidate possesses superior knowledge of project management styles and processes, hardware and infrastructure technologies, and managing live services.
- Mastery of tools and processes available to successfully run a project.
- Ability to identify order of importance and urgency among individual projects, portfolios and operational tasks.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with resources, stakeholders, colleagues and leaders.
- Produce effective results: Ensure project goals, objectives, milestones and deliverables are achieved on schedule.
- Assume accountability of tracking, monitoring, removing roadblocks and reporting for assigned program area. Delivering high quality service to stakeholders.
- Drive continuous improvement within designated program area. Always thinking about how to optimize, refine, and do more with less.
- Drive service availability: Drive the post incident process.
- Actively mentor less senior members of the team.
- Planning project milestones/tasks, schedules and resources.
- Communicate schedules, updates, status, major decisions, risks and blockers.
- Requirements gathering: Includes appropriate stakeholders to properly collect comprehensive requirements.
- Facilitate or create appropriate project documentation. Define and socialize standards.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience managing a portfolio of technical projects.
- Expert knowledge of Project Management methodologies.
- Strong Leadership.
- Experience working with 24x7 live services.
- Mastery of Atlassian product suite.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
- Scrum Master Certification.
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top