Sr. Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas, or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers—and we support our games for years after they’re in the hands of gamers world-wide.
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a Senior Manager of financial planning & analysis (FP&A) to serve as a senior financial business partner to the global technology operations team. In this role, we are looking for someone who thrives in being a key strategic partner with key stakeholders in the internal information technology organizations and provide operational and process leadership and oversight to Blizzard and its international offices. The Senior Manager of FP&A is responsible for driving key finance processes within the global technology organization including, but not limited to financial forecasting, budgeting and multi-year strategic plans, and providing key strategic financial consultations to the chief technology officer and senior vice president, global technology operations. In addition, this position helps to drive quarter-end business reviews, manage operational risk management processes, and partner with key business leaders to optimize and support the business expansion.
This role will lead and execute planning processes and initiatives worldwide, and will require the candidate to build partnerships with key stakeholders in the global technology organization to execute and deliver consolidated results to executive management. As the lead for consolidated reporting and planning to the technology organization, the Senior Manager will require interaction throughout the entire Blizzard organization.
The ideal candidate is an independent, self-motivated leader with a proven track record of proactively identifying process efficiencies, anticipating business needs, and implementing solutions across the organization.
- Lead monthly, quarterly, and ad-hoc forecasting worldwide, establishing and communicating process deliverables, and driving global execution.
- Proactively identify and implement process efficiencies to improve productivity and quality of forecasts.
- Partner with stakeholders in the Global Technology Operations and Finance community to identify key performance indicators, technology spend, developing and adapting as necessary.
- Develop and distribute management level reports in support of business reviews.
- Drive global standardization of forecasting tools and processes.
- Direct both long and short range financial planning on a global basis.
- Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies and understand ROI in capital spending and new projects.
- Ensure weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting of financial key performance indicators.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or relevant field of study.
- A minimum of 8-10 years of relevant professional experience within a publicly traded company, with a minimum of 3 years spent in a people management role.
- Experience partnering with senior business leaders in the Information Technology space.
- Previous experience in leading annual budget processes, quarterly forecasts, and long range plans.
- Strong financial analysis and organizational skills.
- Strong communications and presentation skills, with the ability to work with other members of the finance team and across the organization.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Able to handle multiple projects and articulate with excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to roll up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity.
- Solid knowledge of general accounting.
- Able to work independently, with limited direction.
- Passion for playing computer / video games
- Experience in the entertainment, technology, or video game industry
- Experience with Hyperion
- International business experience
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top