Sponsorships Operations Manager, Esports
Heroes prepare to storm the Nexus, decks are being shuffled in the tavern and somewhere it’s high noon. Fans are ready and the show must go on!
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a sponsorships operations manager to drive traditional content revenue streams through our exciting and highly viewed esports content. You’ll partner with global esports and business development teams to elevate the performance of our global esports portfolio by optimizing our products for commercial success. You’ll maintain ultimate responsibility for the high quality, meaningful integration of every activation.
You will bring a global perspective—esports knows no borders—and your business savvy is only matched by your organizational prowess.
- Lead sponsorship operations for the Blizzard Esports portfolio, outside of sales processes.
- Pioneer, iterate and optimize global workflows to enable commercialization of our portfolio through sponsorships / brand integration.
- Oversee implementation of branded promotions on broadcasts & events across the esports portfolio.
- Act as central conduit responsible for centralizing conversations, aggregating active deals, prioritizing efforts, and guiding global stakeholders
- Lead development of internal & external policy consistent with our approach to each franchise ecosystem
- Manage brand integration inventory (placements, segments, ads) and develop creative custom solutions based on partner requests.
- Collaborate with esports product managers across all franchises to create value and sponsorship opportunities.
- Partner with business development teams to support sponsorship sales process
- Develop a strategy and repeatable process for ensuring high quality, reliable, and accurate roll-out of sponsor activations when working with third party production partners.
- Develop systems to ensure broadcasts are meeting sponsor requirements and best practices for measuring performance.
- Develop and implement internal sponsorship approval process and Blizzard esports advertising policy (approach, blacklisted ads, platform CPM, run times, etc.) across all platforms.
- Gather market intelligence surrounding esports sponsorship sales and aggregate known information.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in advertising account management, media or account planning, or supporting business development at a leading media network, advertising agency, sports league or team
- Strong ability to comprehend and drive execution of complex business deals and partnerships
- Strong understanding of the sports industry, esports, and the broader media landscape
- Adept at developing both commercial and operational strategies to meet business goals
- Knowledge of the video game industry
- Passion for Blizzard games
- Experience with live event management, broadcast production, and/or post-produced content
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top