Software Engineer, Web Applications
Major League Gaming, a division of Activision Blizzard, is a worldwide leader in esports and serves as the operational foundation, partnership hub, and media production network for the Overwatch League and Call of Duty World League.
We’re seeking a software engineer for our web applications team that is responsible for crucial web based products and an assortment of sites supporting the MLG Platform. We’re looking for a driven, passionate engineer to play a critical role in in delivering knock-out products that serve a global audience of esports fans, players and partners.
This position will work closely with a team of engineers, designers and testers to create web-based applications using our backend core services. The team architects, builds and maintans scalable web services & tools to serve a global audience of esports fans, players and partners.
As a member of the MLG and Blizzard team, you will work alongside passionate, knowledgeable and experienced teammates to help continue building on our history of success in esports!
- Work within a cross-functional team whose purpose is to enable epic web & broadcast experiences around esports
- Define data architecture and integrating new data sources, APIs and systems
- Write business logic using APIs that allow our clients to aggregate data into useful segments from raw stats
- Break down complicated requirements into clear, actionable tasks that can be estimated and completed
- Write clean, testable, maintainable code
- Maintain an open-minded, friendly and positive attitude
- 3+ years' experience in professional web development
- Expert knowledge of HTML, CSS, and DOM
- Experience using an MVC framework
- Familiar with HTTP and basic networking concepts
- Self-motivated, and able to independently identify and implement needed improvements
- A passion for web development
- Experience implementing high-performance interfaces with HTML5 APIs
- Experience authoring websites for mobile devices
- Contributions to open-source projects or personal projects
- A degree in computer science or a related field
- Experience with Node.js, Express, and socket.io
- Experience with MySQL, MongoDB, Redis
- Experience with nginx or other HTTP servers
- Familiar with popular front-end frameworks React, AngularJS, Vue.js, etc.
- Knowledge of common competitive formats in esports and traditional sports
- A passion for video games and esports
- Cover letter
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top