Software Engineer, User Interface
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a highly skilled and creative software engineer to join our user interface (UI) team working on the future of Heroes of the Storm. The ideal applicant will understand the challenges of crafting an effective yet elegant user interface. This person must be able to work closely with designers and artists to develop a shared vision and then see it through from concept to completion.
- Work closely with designers, artists, and other engineers to establish a shared vision for compelling UI features.
- Implement functional and elegant UI features from approved concepts.
- Develop new functionality in the underlying UI framework to support new gameplay features.
- A minimum of 3 years’ game programming experience
- Fluent in C / C++
- Experience with XML
- Experience using an existing UI framework to modify or develop user interfaces
- Understanding of user interface concepts like layout, text, and widgets
- Experience with localization / internationalization issues
- Strong ability to communicate and work closely with designers and artists
- Passion for playing and making games
- Experience developing or maintaining a UI framework
- Basic proficiency with Photoshop
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top