Software Engineer, Tools
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and enthusiastic software engineer to join a new team working on a mobile game. In this role, you'll craft the tools that empower our talented designers and artists. The ideal candidate will be self-disciplined, and have proficiency with developing powerful tools and content creation pipelines.
- Design and implement development tools for all disciplines
- Communicate within the team to improve existing tools and figure out new solutions
- Strive for performance, stability, and error-free operation in our codebase
- Identify and resolve pipeline issues and discover opportunities for improvement.
- A minimum of two years of relevant professional experience
- Have a real passion for tools development and enabling others to have the best tools available
- Advanced understanding of C#
- Deep understanding of game content pipelines and processes
- Strong experience with SQL databases, including database design, query design, and programming language bindings
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience with modern source control systems such as Git, Perforce, and Subversion
- Experience with Python, Lua, or other interpreted languages
- Experience developing mobile games
- Working knowledge of the Unity development platform
- A love for playing and making games—especially mobile games
- C++ programming skills
- Interest in workflow automation.
- Cover Letter
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything, our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!
Back to top