Software Engineer, Tools
The minions of hell grow stronger! Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a software engineer to join the Diablo team authoring tools to serve all game development disciplines. The ideal candidate is an experienced and self-driven problem solver with a passion for enabling others to succeed.
- Design and implementation of new development tools for all disciplines.
- Work with the Design, Art and Engine teams to improve existing toolsets.
- Maintain tools for performance, stability, and error-free operation.
- Identify and resolve pipeline issues and discover opportunities for improvement.
- A minimum of 3 years' programming experience with at least one shipped video game with a major contribution to tools.
- Strong programming skills in C++ and C#, as well as proficient in WPF
- Passion for tools and software development with a service-oriented attitude
- Experience with Perforce or other version control systems
- Advanced understanding of game content pipelines and tools
- Strong code review, interpersonal and communications skills
- Passion for video games
- Programming experience with Perl, Python, or other interpreted language
- A degree in computer science, or a related field
- 3D math skills
- UI design experience
- Experience automating processes
- Console programming experience
- Experience with SQL databases
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top