Job Title: Software Engineer, Server - Hearthstone
Requisition ID: R004814
Pull up a chair and join us! Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and enthusiastic software engineer to join the Hearthstone team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for improving service stability with the goal of providing the best possible experience for our players. Blizzard offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
- Be part of the team responsible for Hearthstone's online service:
- Help track down and resolve issues that occur in the live production environment.
- Help support the storage of player data in an Oracle relational database.
- Design and implement the server-side components of new Hearthstone storage features.
- Help make improvements to the team's ability to develop and support the game.
- Champion Blizzard's core values, especially "Gameplay First" and "Commit to Quality".
- Strong, proven C++ programming skills.
- Strong data-structure, logic and algorithm skills.
- One or more of the following:
- Networking experience in TCP and/or UDP protocols.
- Experience working in a client/server architecture.
- Some experience interacting with a relational Database (Oracle, MySQL, etc.)
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in delivering production-level code in a professional environment.
- Experience supporting a live service.
- Strong relational database skills.
- Linux development experience. (server applications, gdb debugging, etc.)
- Familiarity with higher level network protocols such as HTTP, SNMP, SMTP, FTP.
- Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related degree.
- Avid Hearthstone player.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!