Software Engineer, Server
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and enthusiastic Server Software Engineer to join a new team working on Blizzard's mobile gaming efforts. We are looking for an experienced developer to help architect and implement server technology for game logic and service integration.
In addition to having the usual technical chops, we want to hear from qualified engineers who have a real passion for gaming, programming, and finding simple solutions to complex problems. The candidate should be excited by the idea of working closely with designers to craft compelling and epic features that will keep players engaged for years. We love engineering, geeking out over new technology, and helping move the industry forward. Most importantly, we learn, grow, and ultimately enjoy success as a team, overcoming new challenges together.
- Collaborate with other engineers on the design and implementation of the server architecture
- Design and implement server-side components of gameplay features
- Champion Blizzard’s core values, especially "Gameplay First."
- Proficient in C++
- A minimum of two years of relevant professional experience
- Networking experience in TCP, UDP, and higher level protocols
- Distributed systems/scalable server architecture experience
- Experience with storage technologies (SQL, Cassandra, etc.)
- Experience with implementing client/server architecture
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Able to work in a collaborative environment with a team of highly skilled programmers
- Passion for video games.
- Linux development experience
- Familiar with security considerations (encryption, denial of service)
- Familiar with cloud technologies (virtualization, containers)
- Experience with code optimization.
- Cover Letter
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything, our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!
Back to top