Software Engineer, R&D (Back End)
- Irvine, CA
Job Title: Software Engineer, R&D (Back End)
Requisition ID: R002024
Making Blizzard's cinematics requires teamwork between technology and artistry. Join the R&D team that works closely with artists to assess needs and solutions, and help build the best tools for lighting and visual effects.
We are building a new pipeline, offering lots of opportunities in joining a new effort across Blizzard Animation organization. For this position, we are seeking a talented software engineer to join our R&D team in developing tools for look, rendering, and FX.
Blizzard cinematics have a variety of ranges in styles and complexity, so we are seeking team members who are passionate about crafting flexible tools for producing these movies. You would help augment commercial packages such as Maya, Houdini, Nuke, and Katana to offer a flexible workflow for artists in building phenomenal animated cinematics.
Projects will involve coordinating with a large group, with members representing different departments. Python and C++ are the main languages supported on cross platforms of Linux and Windows.
- Passion for tool development, with a service-oriented attitude, using at least one such application such as Katana, Maya, and Houdini.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Professional industry experience with computer graphics (VFX, animation, games) demonstrating software skills with respect to 3D graphics, 3D mathematics, debugging 3D problems.
- Passion for software development on Linux and Windows.
- Experience may be substituted for Advanced College degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) showing coursework, projects focused on 3D computer graphics technologies related to this job description.
- Experience in Katana workflows for moving assets between departments such as FX, lighting, and surfacing.
- Experience implementing USD workflows.
- Fluent in APIs for Katana, Maya and Houdini.
Required Application Materials:
- Resume (PDF preferred)
- Cover Letter
Job Status: Full-time/Staff
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top