Software Engineer Intern, Classic Games
Internship Term: 2019
Software Engineer Intern, Classic Games
Greetings, students! We’re geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in 2019. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you’re applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!
Compelling stories. Intense multiplayer. Endless replayability. Qualities that made StarCraft, Warcraft III, and Diablo II the titans of their day. Evolving operating systems, hardware, and online services have made them more difficult to be experienced by their loyal followers or reaching a new generation. We’re restoring them to glory, we need your engineering talents, and your passion to get tough jobs done.
Join the Classic Games team as a software engineering intern for summer of 2019. We are looking for passionate and skilled student engineers. Interns should expect to work on implementation and maintenance of game features. The ideal student has a long standing passion for playing Blizzard games, a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, and demonstrated game programming experience (in the personal, educational, or professional arena).
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the Summer 2019 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 – 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 2019 – August 2019 or June 2019 – September 2019 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Passion for technology, gaming, and game development
- Passion for and in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services
- C++ programming skills
- Basic knowledge of development in a Windows based environment.
- Highly motivated and proactive
- Strong programming aptitude
- Examples of game programming projects (school or personal)
- Familiarity with StarCraft: Remastered, at least at a casual player level
- Debugging and diagnostic skills
- Some math background (logic, linear algebra, geometry, etc.)
- Cover Letter
WARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered. We’re serious about this – due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Submit your application no later than November 30, 2018.
Back to top