Software Engineer, Graphics, Diablo
We Need You
The minions of Hell are growing stronger...
We're working on a new, unannounced Diablo project. Are you a skilled Graphics Engineer? Come work with us, and together we will build something exceptional.
Our team of talented developers is growing. Our backgrounds are diverse, but we share a real passion for all things Diablo. We believe that if you’re looking for a tight-knit crew that celebrates self-expression and embraces collaboration, we might be a phenomenal fit for you.
In this role, you’ll be authoring new rendering and animation features and systems that will enable some of the most talented game development artists in the world to ply their craft freely and directly. The ideal candidate is a self-driven problem solver with a passion for enabling others to succeed.
- Design and implementation of new graphics functionality
- Identify and resolve visual issues and discover opportunities for improvement.
- Maintain the rendering engine for performance, stability, and error-free operation.
- Work closely with the art department serving as a point of contact for programming matters.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in programming
- Experience with shaders and GPU programming
- Knowledge of DirectX 11+ or OpenGL APIs
- Experience shipping at least one video game with major contribution to the graphics engine
- Strong mathematics skills, including proficiency with trigonometry and linear algebra
- Thorough understanding of multi-threaded programming
- Experience with code and data optimization
- Understanding of art content pipeline and tools
- Able to rapidly learn and understand software by reading source code and stepping thru code under a debugger
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Passion for real-time graphics and software development
- Passion for video games
- Experience shipping multiple game titles
- A degree in computer science, or a related field
- Console programming experience
- Knowledge of Maya and its SDK
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top