Software Engineer, Games Stats & Competition
- Irvine, CA
Battle.net & Online Products
Job Title: Software Engineer, Games Stats & Competition
Requisition ID: R001966
The Game Stats & Competition group of Battle.net & Online Products is responsible for building engaging services and experiences for our Developer Community, Esports Partners, and Game franchises. As a member of the Game Stats & Competition group, you'll contribute to creating the tools and API's needed to extend game play experiences beyond the game, support competitive esports with rich data and statistics, and contribute to services that act as the crossroads of Blizzard's game data that fuel our Developer Community APIs.
As a Software Engineer within the Blizzard Game Stats & Competition group, you'll work closely with a team of engineers, designers and testers to help extend the capabilities of our Platform, with an ongoing focus on expanding integrations with additional game data sources.
You will be joining an existing team responsible for architecting, building and maintaining scalable web services & tools to serve a global audience of community API developers, esports fans, players, and partners.
Does working on building this new future excite you? If yes, venture forth...
- Working within a cross-functional team whose purpose is to enable epic web & broadcast experiences and compelling storytelling around esports for all Blizzard's franchises
- Defining data architecture and integrating new data sources, APIs and systems
- Writing business logic and API's that allow our clients to aggregate data into useful segments from raw stats
- Breaking down complicated requirements into clear, actionable tasks that can be estimated and completed
- Writing clean, testable, maintainable code
- Work with our game teams to pipe data into our systems for authorized consumption by downstream consumers
- Maintaining an open-minded, friendly, and positive attitude
- A minimum of 3 years of professional software engineering experience
- Expertise in back-end web development, ideally building web services and APIs
- A solid understanding of best practices and techniques regarding web scalability, performance and security
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with strong initiative
- Able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Passion and belief in Blizzard's Core Values
- Passion for technology and video games
- Knowledge of cloud technologies such as AWS and GCP
- Knowledge of common competitive formats in esports and traditional sports
- Experience using the Spring Framework
- Experience using modern Web technologies such as React, Vue or Angular
- Experience using SQL / NoSQL (Cassandra)
- Experience working in a Scrum environment
- Experience working on high-traffic, responsive websites and applications
Back to top