Software Engineer, Gameplay - Hearthstone
Pull up a chair and join us! Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and enthusiastic software engineer to join the Hearthstone team to work on fun and exciting player-facing challenges. The ideal candidate will have a passion for end-to-end feature implementation, back-end scalability, and delivering quality content for continued player engagement. Blizzard offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
- Work closely with designers, artists, and other engineers to achieve the vision of the game and ensure a great player experience.
- Implement the logic (client and server-side) for various game features:
- New Single-Player Experiences
- New Game Modes
- New Card Mechanics & AI
- Collection Manager and Shop
- Implement the client-side UI & FX for various game features within the Unity framework.
- Enjoy a dynamic and collaborative environment: Be an Engineer, Designer, and Gamer.
- Support emergent issues in a live environment.
- Maintain familiarity with Hearthstone’s design.
- Champion Blizzard’s core values, especially “Gameplay First”.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in game development.
- Strongly established skills with both C++ and C# languages.
- Good instincts for game design from a player’s perspective.
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills.
- High comfort level extending and improving an established codebase.
- Self-motivated and willing to pitch in on many areas of game development.
- Able to communicate & collaborate effectively with artists, designers, and other engineers.
- Familiarity with Hearthstone, at least at a casual player level.
- Avid Hearthstone player.
- Experience with implementing game logic in a largescale client/server environment.
- Previous experience shipping game titles or other software.
- Database development experience (MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL, etc.)
- Experience with the Unity platform.
- Linux development experience (server applications, gdb debugging, etc.)
- Experience supporting a live service.
- Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related degree.
- Familiarity with other Blizzard Entertainment products.
Back to top