Software Engineer, Esports Platform
Software Engineer - Esports Platform
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and passionate Software Engineer to help us build epic player engagement experiences in esports for all of Blizzard’s franchises.
Our Esports Platform team located in Irvine, California is on the front lines creating the tools and API’s needed to extend game play experiences beyond the game and support competitive esports with rich data and statistics. We are searching for applicants to be a key part in bringing the Blizzard commitment to quality to an exciting new initiative for our esports strategy.
Does working on building the future of esports excite you? If yes, continue reading below...
This position within the Blizzard Web & Mobile department will work closely with a team of engineers, designers and testers to help extend the capabilities of our Esports Platform, with an initial focus on expanding integrations with additional data sources to provide enhanced statistics and reporting.
This is an individual contributor role joining an existing team responsible for architecting, building and maintaining scalable web services & tools to serve a global audience of esports fans, players and partners.
- Working within a cross-functional team whose purpose is to enable epic web & broadcast experiences and compelling storytelling around esports for all Blizzard’s franchises
- Defining data architecture and integrating new data sources, APIs and systems
- Writing business logic and API’s that allow our clients to aggregate data into useful segments from raw stats
- Breaking down complicated requirements into clear, actionable tasks that can be estimated and completed
- Writing clean, testable, maintainable code
- Maintaining an open-minded, friendly and positive attitude
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in professional web development
- Expertise in back-end web development, ideally building web services and APIs
- A solid understanding of best practices and techniques regarding web scalability, performance and security
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with strong initiative
- Able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Passion and belief in Blizzard's Core Values
- Passion and interest in esports
- Knowledge of common competitive formats in esports and traditional sports
- Experience using Java / Spring
- Experience using Python / Flask
- Experience working in a Scrum environment
- Experience working on high-traffic, responsive websites and applications
Required Application Materials
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top