Job Title: Software Engineer, Data Warehousing
Requisition ID: R004809
- Have seen this http://www.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about and can't contain the excitement.
- Want to jump on board to create the most epic entertainment experiences... ever.
- Believe in the power of data to improve the player experience.
And you want to...
- Work with Game Teams to capture, clean, transform and organize massive data streams produced by our gamers worldwide.
- Build systems to capture, transform and deliver high quality data points to our enthusiastic and collaborative internal customers.
- Enable business critical processes by providing timely and accurate information to analysts, data scientists and business decision making teams.
- Maintain and support our data refinement process, while continuously researching and investigating how to bring in and research new technologies to improve our current architecture.
- Use your attention to detail and teamwork to identify and fix potential issues impacting our data quality.
- Exposure to one or more programming languages, such as Python, Java, Scala or Go, and the ability to represent algorithms of arbitrary complexity, while being comfortable with programming best practices, continuous integration / continuous delivery, test driven development, code repositories and dependency management.
- Worked in the data transformation field and are very familiar with concepts like ETL/ELT, Streaming, Batch processing, replication, enrichment, windowing and aggregation.
- Detailed knowledge of data manipulation frameworks and platforms for storage and retrieval, in-memory processing, querying and transformation.
- Experience with data warehousing concepts, such as normal forms, star and snowflake schemas and feel comfortable modeling complex data designs and implementations.
You might also have...
- Experience with any JVM language that follows the functional programming paradigm, such as Scala, Clojure or Java.
- Created container based applications and relied on virtualization for large scale deployments.
- Advanced knowledge of data manipulation frameworks in any Cloud environment (GCP, AWS, Azure, etc.) and the ability to combine building blocks to deliver complex data transformation ecosystems.
- Proficiency in full-stack development, microservices and event driven systems.
- Fluency in data architectural concepts, including schemas (such as AVRO or Protocol Buffers), consolidation strategies (such as Lambda and Kappa), storage formats (such as columnar, relational and NoSQL) and write strategies (append only, merge)
- We are looking for you.
We're on a quest: bring our dreams to life and craft the most epic entertainment experiences, ever. Hard work, iteration and polish go into the Blizzard "secret recipe," but the most important ingredients come from talented people who share our vision. If that sounds like you, join us.
- Cover Letter preferred
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!