Software Engineer, Core Services
Major League Gaming, a division of Activision Blizzard, is a worldwide leader in esports and serves as the operational foundation, partnership hub, and media production network for the Overwatch League and Call of Duty World League.
We’re seeking a software engineer to join our core services team that is responsible for crucial components of the MLG Platform. We’re looking for a driven, passionate engineer to play a critical role in in delivering knock-out products that serve a global audience of esports fans, players and partners.
This position will work closely with a team of engineers, designers and testers to help extend the capabilities of our backend core services. This team is responsible for architecting, building and maintaining scalable web services and tools.
As a member of the MLG and Blizzard team, you will work alongside passionate, knowledgeable and experienced teammates to help continue building on our history of success in esports!
- Working within a cross-functional team whose purpose is to enable epic web & broadcast experiences and compelling storytelling around esports for all of Activision Blizzard
- Defining data architecture and integrating new data sources, APIs and systems
- Writing business logic and API’s that allow our clients to aggregate data into useful segments from raw stats
- Breaking down complicated requirements into clear, actionable tasks that can be estimated and completed
- Writing clean, testable, maintainable code
- Maintaining an open-minded, friendly and positive attitude
- 4+ years’ experience in professional web development
- Expertise with Java / Spring
- Expertise in back-end web development, ideally building web services and APIs
- Self-motivated with strong initiative
- Solid understanding of best practices and techniques regarding web scalability, performance and security
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Passion and interest in esports
- Knowledge of common competitive formats in esports and traditional sports
- Experience using Scala / Play a MAJOR plus
- Knowledge of advanced design patterns
- Experience with a Microservice Architecture
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience working on high-traffic, responsive websites and applications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field
- Cover letter
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top