Does Blizzard sound like an awesome place to work? Do you want to make it even more awesome?
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking enthusiastic Software Engineers to join our Corporate Applications group in Irvine, CA. You'll help build tools used every day at Blizzard for game production, IT, QA, communications, operations control, and more!
Successful Engineers in Corporate Applications collaborate with designers, researchers, admins, and program managers to create epic applications used by employees worldwide. They readily share knowledge and push the department forward by learning from each other. They have a generative background in .NET, unit testing, an aptitude for critical thinking, and aren’t afraid to debug foreign code. The Corporate Applications team must be responsive to changing and emergent business needs. Our portfolio is large and diverse, and often has unknown lifetime so it’s crucial to ask the right questions and be ready to pivot.
We strive for applications to be clean, simple, stable, and sustainable. Our ideal candidate is well-rounded albeit possibly still relatively inexperienced when considering their number of major projects but has measured and learned from both success and failure. They are inquisitive in technical discussions and decision-making while embracing production processes.
You will need a strong sense of ownership developing high quality, sustainable, and relevant solutions. Are you comfortable with ambiguity? Can you confront complexity?
Are you up for the challenge?
- Experience developing ASP.NET, Web API, Windows Services, or other relevant platforms
- Some experience with automated testing methodologies
- Experience developing HTTP-based APIs (RESTful, RPC, etc.)
- Working knowledge of SDLC methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Comfortable working on cross-discipline teams (Engineering, Design, UX, Production, QA, etc.)
- Assist in creating technical documentation
- Familiarity with parallel programming and development (TPL, promises)
- Share responsibility for upkeep and support of Production systems
- Proficiency developing in .NET Core
- Familiarity with JS frameworks (NodeJS, AngularJS, React, Vue.js, d3.js etc.)
- Comfortable with RDBMS concepts
- Experience with SOA and SOLID
- Fluency with VS IDEs, Git, Jira, SemVer, Containers, Jenkins, Octopus
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences‚ ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Jan M.Lead AI Engineer, Overwatch
Jan and his team work to design and develop the concepts that will be incorporated into future releases of Blizzard’s Overwatch League—the game's professional e-sports league.
Back to top