Software Engineer (C++), Platform SDK
- Austin, TX
Blizzard Entertainment has an opening for a talented and enthusiastic Software Engineer to help us deliver epic platform features by joining the Battle.net & Online Products Platform SDK team.
The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ super-powered engineers, product managers, project managers, and designers focused on building the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, visiting our websites, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
Our Platform SDK team maintains and delivers the shared code for the major features of the Battle.net platform, providing the primary integration point for our game studios to interface with the services created by other teams inside Battle.net & Online Products. The SDK facilitates usage of many products, such as authentication, social graph, voice chat, telemetry, and more. The Platform SDK product is a crucial part of our Platform Experience group, a new group within Battle.net & Online Products tasked with making the Battle.net platform as easy to integrate as possible.
Our ideal candidate is a capable software engineer with previous experience developing in C++, preferably multi-platform. You should also enjoy working closely with engineers from outside teams to collaborate on solutions that benefit the entire platform.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Work with new and existing game development teams to ensure smooth integration of Platform SDK into their respective products and improve their experiences working with Battle.net code.
- Work with teams inside Battle.net & Online Products to ensure their SDKs work with all of our targeted platforms and compilers, as well as manage potential breaking changes.
- Write production-ready SDK sample-code to demonstrate proper use of the Battle.net platform.
- Collaborate with technical writers to enhance SDK documentation.
- Manage and improve the release process of multiple code bases.
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant professional software engineering work experience.
- Proficient in modern C++ on Windows and/or Linux.
- Familiarity with debugging and diagnosing code issues.
- Comfortable with working in, analyzing, and improving an existing codebase.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to collaborate across teams, attention to detail, and a “can-do” attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience with build processes and pipelines, especially CI/CD.
- Experience with performance analysis and code optimization.
- Experience with Premake, CMake, or other project generation tools.
- Familiarity with networking protocols and client/server architecture.
- Previous work on SDKs, APIs, services or other products where software engineers are the primary customer.
- Previous work in an agile development environment.
- Working knowledge of multiple platforms, especially consoles and mobile.
- Working knowledge of Java and/or C#.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to bringing the world together through epic entertainment. Join us!
Back to top