Software Engineer (C++), Classic WoW
Do you long to travel back to Azeroth before the Mists of Pandaria parted, and before Deathwing broke the world? When the fog obscured the view into the distance, and weather had just been added? Do you have fond memories of the original character animations, and spell effects? Can you help us restore that look to our modern engine? Then the World of Warcraft (WoW) Classic Engineering team has an opportunity for you.
We are working on bringing that world back to our players, and we need engineers to restore that classic appearance. Our work spans all aspects of the game, including client, server, tools and gameplay work, and we support partnership and collaboration, so we hope you're passionate about learning and growing, as well as sharing your knowledge with us.
We’re looking for somebody passionate about both our game’s history and future, and unafraid of stepping into unfamiliar systems. We need somebody with a deep understanding of C++, as well as previous experience with shaders, and graphics engines, but also excited to chip in all areas of development.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. "Every Voice Matters" is one of our core values, and diverse voices help make sure we consider different points of view. We also strive to maintain a healthy work-life balance for our teammates with loved ones or other responsibilities at home. If you think you can help us out, please apply.
- Restore old models and animations
- Re-implement old shader behavior
- Transform database data
- Build classic UI elements
- Repackage binary distributions
- Work closely with artists to revive the classic game elements
- A minimum 2 years of programming experience
- Proven familiarity with game content
- Expert C++ programming skills
- Some experience in shader, and/or graphics effects programming
- Strong mathematics skills, including proficiency in trigonometry and linear algebra
- Self-motivation and willingness to participate in many areas of game development
- Expert verbal and written communications skills
- Experience with at least one shipped title
- Database development experience (MySQL, Oracle)
- Experience with high-level scripting languages such as Lua, or Python
- Experience with developing UI modifications for WoW
- Networking experience in TCP and UDP protocols
- Experience with different platforms, such as Windows, Mac, Linux
- Degree in computer science or related field
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Back to top