Software Engineer (C++), Audio
The World of Warcraft team seeks a talented engineer who has experience in audio programming and knows the more common audio tools. You will work closely with our audio department while assisting in other areas of game technology when needed.
The WoW team builds on a culture of collaboration, intense creativity, and problem solving. We are committed to pushing our exploration of Azeroth to the fullest, and in doing so crafting a gaming experience like no other. Your work will live at the very heart of this philosophy. You are an engineer with qualities above and beyond engineering. You’re someone who enjoys working in a group setting; who speaks sound designer and geek with equal fluency, and whose experience in creative environments has reinforced the value of communications, empathy, and collaboration.
- You will enjoy working closely with the audio team serving as the primary audio engineer of the team
- You will maintain and improve custom audio tools for performance, stability, and error-free operation
- You will also identify and resolve audio pipeline issues and discover opportunities for improvement
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in game audio programming on at least one shipped title
- Strong understanding of C++ and PC programming
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Real passion for game audio
- Knowledge of audio signal processing - mixing, sample rates, data compression, filters, reverbs, 3D positional audio, etc.
- Loves video games
- Experience with off-the-shelf sound engines such as FMOD or Wwise
- Music and/or Sound design experience - composing/arranging, sound design, synthesis, sampling, MIDI sequencing, audio engineering/mixing, digital audio workstations, etc.
- Strong math skills (linear algebra, trig, etc.)
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Back to top