Software Engineer, Audio
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and motivated audio programmer to join the Overwatch development team. The ideal candidate has broad audio programming experience integrating audio middleware and implementing audio game features. You should have a longstanding passion for audio and games and should be excited at the idea of working closely with sound designers to help create compelling and epic features that will help immerse our players into the Overwatch universe.
We're looking for an Audio Programmer that shares our values:
- We take responsibility for delivering our work.
- We collaborate constantly, helping each other to be successful.
- We continuously improve our knowledge, workflows and processes.
- We communicate openly, calling out issues, opportunities, and sharing feedback.
- We have integrity, maintain confidentiality, and share a sense of ownership in our success.
- We have real passion for the game, our players, quality work, and technology.
- With some guidance work closely with the audio department serving as an audio programmer on the engine team.
- Design and implement new development tools for the audio department.
- Identify and resolve pipeline and engine issues and discover opportunities for improvement.
- Passion for making and playing games, implementing audio experiences in games, and audio in general.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in game audio programming on at least one shipped title.
- Strong C++ and C# programming skills.
- Knowledge of audio signal processing - mixing, sample rates, data compression, filters, reverbs, 3D positional audio, etc.
- Ability to write customized audio development tools for the sound designers and composers to interface directly with the game audio engine.
- Comfortable working within and adding to an established code framework.
- Strong communications skills, comfortable working with other engineers, producers and designers.
- Experience with off-the-shelf sound engines such as Wwise, F-Mod or other audio middleware.
- Music and/or Sound design experience - composing/arranging, sound design, synthesis, sampling, MIDI sequencing, audio engineering/mixing, digital audio workstations, etc.
- Strong math skills (linear algebra, trig, etc.)
- A degree in computer science, or a related field.
- Console programming experience.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!
Back to top