Software Engineer, Atlassian Tools
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Atlassian Developer to join our IT team in Irvine, California. The ideal candidate can leverage their expertise in Java, XML, and JSP to build custom plugins and add-ons for JIRA and Confluence. As part of a dedicated Atlassian team, you will work with cross-functional teams to design and develop add-ons to extend the functionality of the tools and address our users’ pain points. By optimizing these tools with new features and maximum efficiency, we can impact the way our teams plan, build, and ship world-class games around the world!
- Responsible for developing plugins and gadgets that extend the capability of JIRA
- Build custom macros and plugins for Confluence
- Develop interfaces to other tools like GitHub, custom test tools, etc. using the Atlassian Plugin SDK
- Assist in maintaining and improving Atlassian add-ons purchased from the marketplace
- Partner with cross-functional teams to design and implement solutions consistent with industry best practices
- Develop training materials for custom plugins and deliver training to fellow employees
- Help define best practices for add-ons used across the company
- Work with the user community to understand the requirements and implement new
- Manage multiple, complex technical projects simultaneously
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Strong skills in Core Java, XML, JSP
- Familiar with HTML and CSS
- Experience with multiple Atlassian tools, such as JIRA, FishEye, HipChat, etc.
- Excellent communication (verbal & written) and partnering skills with both technical & non-technical users
- Ability to prioritize across various tasks, manage changes in daily workload, and operate under several simultaneous deadlines
- Desire to work in a diverse environment interacting with many roles and teams made up of passionate industry experts working towards a common goal
- Knowledge of continuous integration
- Experience using/extending REST Services provided by Atlassian.
- Familiar with GitHub in a development environment
- Familiar with SQL, PERL and Python
- Experience or interest in REST
- Experience or interest in Jenkins, Puppet or Docker
- Integration experience with other Atlassian applications (JIRA, FishEye, etc.)
- Atlassian certification
- Video game industry experience
- Passion for Blizzard games
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top