Social Support Channel Manager
Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas, or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers—and we support our games for years after they’re in the hands of gamers world-wide.
As leader of the Blizzard Support Social function, this individual thrives in a fast paced, multi-brand environment and has a proven track record of developing creative social care methodologies from inception, to execution, to reporting. This individual should have experience with customer service, multi-social channel support, crowd-sourcing, and support-community engagement; preferably within a large consumer brand or entertainment industry. They must be an independent, self-motivated leader accustomed to operating in very fast-paced matrixed environments, have a keen eye for social care opportunities, and demonstrates strong relationship-building and negotiation skills as well as excellent people management skills
The Social Support Channel Manager provides the strategy and leadership within the social care space for the Blizzard Support team. This position is responsible for incorporating social media as a service channel and experiments with new and alternate ways to leverage social media for service delivery (including crowdsourcing methodologies) defining a channel development strategy and roadmap. The Manager also needs to maintain strong relationships with Blizzard’s Regional offices around the globe, product support management staff (GCSO), community teams, esports teams, public relations (PR), events, marketing, web and mobile, and the senior Blizzard Support leadership.
Ultimately, we’re looking for someone that has a depth of understanding in the social care space, is comfortable working in a matrixed organization where they must influence and lead without complete authority, and has the presence enough to command the strategy and leadership within this area of our business.
- Oversee the design and execution of all our social support programs and initiatives, in conjunction with CS leadership.
- Design and roadmap a channel development strategy specifically for social support channels
- Source social platform vendors and work with Service Technologies to evaluate social support platforms through vendor assessment program and in-house engineering capabilities.
- Develop Blizzard Support’s social media crowd sourcing strategy to fully harness the power of the passionate Blizzard community in helping each other.
- Work with key stakeholders to define KPIs for success and track them including assessment and analysis of social activity to ensure content is on target and effective.
- Develop and maintain the relationships will all other social communication channels across functions and franchises within Blizzard.
- Work in close partnership with our global operations teams, interface with our regional offices, and the greater GCSO team.
- Provide direction to our External Support Information Teams (the operational arm of CS social) on strategy and methodology.
- Represent the voice of our players in all internal conversations to guarantee they are heard and they're playing an active role in decision making processes.
- Direct, Support, participate, and stimulate the conversation across all departments regarding social support strategy and the development of our crowdsourcing strategies.
- Build consensus and visibility in the program design process for key stakeholders across the organization and globally.
- Mange the relationships with social support platform vendors.
- Develop and distribute management level reports in support of business reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 5 years of management level experience in a major gaming, entertainment, large consumer, or technology brand
- A minimum of 7 years of community management, social media implementation in a business environment, or customer service leadership experience
- Savvy and knowledgeable of social media platforms, APIs, trends and innovations.
- In-depth knowledge of social influencer and crowdsourcing best practices and strategies.
- Expertise with Social Media Management Systems and Social Listening/Analytics tools.
- Proven experience in defining, developing and implementing a social strategy in a brand conscious organization.
- Qualitative research skills, including the ability to interpret insights and data and translate it into actionable business results.
- Program management, ROI and analytics experience to measure the explicit and implicit results of a program.
- Strong communication and writing skills, great presentation skills are a plus.
- Thought leadership capability, including the ability to recognize trends and opportunities and formulate hypotheses and recommendations relevant to the business goals and objectives.
- A strong record of partnering and relationship building across a matrixed environment and demonstrated experience anticipating issues and the skills to be strategic, proactive, and assertive.
- Able to organize thoughts and make decisions under time constraints and a full work load.
- Able to interface effectively with both gamers, industry leaders, and Blizzard Leadership.
- Position will work out of the Irvine, CA offices (relocation is a must if not local)
- Graduate degree in applicable field
- Knowledge of marketing concepts, with emphasis on social / viral marketing
- Experience with translation and localization procedures
- Passionate player of video games, particularly Blizzard Entertainment games
- Awareness/Exposure to social platforms prominent in Asia.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top