Social Media Manager, Overwatch League
The Overwatch League is a global, world-class esports ecosystem designed from the ground up to ensure that teams and players can thrive for years to come, and that fans have the best experience possible. The Overwatch League melds Blizzard’s experience in esports with best practices of time-honored traditional sports. It is slated to launch this winter.
We are seeking an experienced social media manager to join the Overwatch League who is passionate about the video gaming and sports industries, innovative brand communication, and player communities. This role will help define and execute strategies to develop the Overwatch League and affiliated brands online, grow our social channels, increase content reach and engagement, leverage user-generated content, and optimize social spend. The ideal candidate is driven and self-motivated, a student of brand marketing and communications, with a proven track record of large-scale community development efforts and social media marketing in the entertainment industry.
This position will report to the Director, Brand Marketing for the Overwatch League.
- Contribute to the creation of high impact social media campaigns for global and regional audiences
- Optimize social media efforts to maximize post and campaign success
- Lead social listening efforts to ensure rapid response to emerging trends and opportunities
- Act as a public-facing representative of /Overwatch League and communicate on behalf of the league across multiple channels and at events
- Collaborate closely with the Community Manager on the design and execution of the community development programs for the Overwatch League
- Manage communication plans, assets, and channels, striving for continuous improvement
- Partner with the other teams within Overwatch League, such as public relations, marketing, production, web, and licensing, as well as Overwatch publishing, for large social initiatives
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors and agencies
- Analyze and report on performance data to drive continuous improvement, optimization, and innovation
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field
- Minimum five years’ experience in managing social media channels and content for professional sports, video gaming, entertainment, or technology outlets
- Minimum two years’ experience with third-party relationship management
- Minimum two years’ experience with channel management, reporting, and analytics
- Advanced degrees in communication, marketing, or related field
- Social media certifications (such as YouTube Certified)
- Familiarity with project management and process improvement
- A passionate gamer possessing ample experience with Blizzard games, particularly Overwatch
- Existing strong personal network within Blizzard’s communities
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at the Overwatch League
- Example of a publicly available social media campaign you managed
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top