Server Features Engineer
- Irvine, CA
Job Title: Server Features Engineer
Requisition ID: R004041
Soldiers, scientists, adventurers, oddities...engineers! We are the Overwatch team, passionate gamers at heart, and we're looking for a new hero to help us make Overwatch 2 - the globe-spanning sequel to Blizzard Entertainment's acclaimed team-based game.
In Overwatch 2, the nations of Earth are under assault. As the omnic forces of Null Sector launch a barrage of surprise attacks around the world, the planet's governments and militaries prove quickly outmatched-and the remnants of the fearless strike force once known as Overwatch rally to make a valiant stand. Now the world's heroes must each decide whether to answer the call to reemerge, reunite, and serve as a beacon of hope in a new era of crisis.
We are seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced Server Features Engineer that shares our values:
- We take responsibility for delivering our work.
- We collaborate constantly, helping each other to be successful.
- We continuously improve our knowledge, workflows and processes.
- We communicate openly, calling out issues, opportunities, and sharing feedback.
- We have integrity, maintain confidentiality, and share a sense of ownership in our success.
- We have passion for the game, our players, quality work, and technology.
This philosophy, along with the Blizzard values of "Gameplay First" and "Play Nice, Play Fair," has made Overwatch one of Blizzard's most successful games, and it has forged a bond of trust with our worldwide player community that is extremely important to us.
Our ideal candidate has a passion for games and working with designers and artists to bring the visual aspects of the game to life.
- Collaborate with artists, designers, game programmers and fellow server programmers to maintain and implement non-gameplay features. Some examples of non-gameplay features include:
- Custom games
- Player grouping
- Integration with Battle.net
- Support and improve the live service, with a focus on reliability and performance.
- A minimum of 3 years' relevant work experience
- Strong understanding of C / C++
- Passion for distributed systems and networking
- Experience implementing features within client/server architectures
- Excellent ability to collaborate with technical and non-technical teammates
- Strong sense of independence and motivation to improve
- Passion for video games
- Prior game development experience
- A degree in computer science, or a related field
- Experience with transaction processing systems
- Database experience (Relational or NoSQL)
- Linux development experience
- Avid Overwatch player
Back to top