Senior UX Designer, Mobile
Blizzard’s mobile applications provide millions of players with rich, interactive experiences that enable them to stay engaged with our universes wherever they are.
As a Senior Mobile UX Designer on our Mobile team, you will combine your expert skills in mobile product and interaction design to research, define and drive execution of the user experience of Blizzard’s mobile apps. You will bring your passion for mobile interaction design and gaming to help inform players’ journey through Blizzard’s universes, events and communities on mobile. You will work closely with engineers, product managers, and game teams to define requirements, workflows and ultimately bring Blizzard experiences to our players’ mobile devices.
Come join a team of friendly, experienced mobile developers and designers driven by a singular passion to create amazing, epic and fun mobile experiences for all Blizzard players.
- Understand our players by analyzing their behavior, motivations, pain points, and needs through analytics, competitive analysis, user interviews, focus groups, A/B testing, and other research methods.
- Meticulously craft delightful user experiences for Blizzard’s cross-game mobile apps, from initial research and high-level strategy discussion to visual and interaction concepts, wireframes, interactive prototypes, style guides, and detailed mockups.
- Validate and iterate on your design proposals through prototyping, user testing, live player vetting and collection of ongoing feedback from teams within Blizzard.
- Own products end-to-end to measure, analyze and improve the ongoing player experience.
- Collaborate and build relationships with designers, program managers, engineers, outsource partners, user researchers, content strategists, and quality assurance analysts to create mobile products that are aligned with franchise and company goals as well as players’ needs.
- BA / BS Degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), or a related field or equivalent in-house experience
- An unrelenting appetite to contemplate, dream and ponder about how mobile products can make players’ lives more epic
- Expert knowledge of iOS and Android platform capabilities, interface conventions, user standards, design patterns and application experience
- Exceptional understanding of information flow, readability, human-centered design and interface usability principles
- Outstanding ability to explain the reasoning and process behind your design and interaction solutions and to further rally partners and teammates around your approaches
- Experience leveraging user research, consumer insights, business analysis and product vision to present cohesive and informed design solutions
- Experience working on and with remote teams
- Proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects)
- Serious passion for gaming and belief in Blizzard’s Core Values
- Experience working with Agile development methodologies including Kanban
- Experience working with or managing outsourcing partners
- Proficiency using mobile prototyping tools or frameworks such as Framer, Invision or Marvel
- Solid knowledge of visual design principles (design, layout, typography, color theory) and their application toward engaging and usable interactions
- Design and team experience working on large-scale apps or ecosystems
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Please provide a URL or PDF file
- Your portfolio should showcase project mockups, wireframes, case studies, etc.
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top