Senior UX Designer
- Irvine, CA
Job Title: Senior UX Designer
Requisition ID: R002805
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an experienced Senior UX designer to craft and guide the user experience of a future unannounced project. You will work closely with game designers, artists, and engineers to conceptualize, design, and iterate in support of all gameplay features and systems . The ideal candidate has experience with UX, mobile design, and interaction design .
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Work with game designers to translate game system requirements into experiences.
- Work closely with artists and visual designers to establish a consistent visual identity and language that supports the experience.
- Craft UX artifacts to communicate solutions (flows, wire frames, prototypes, etc.)
- Design and visualize user interface screens, transitions, animations, and VFX.
- Establish and maintain patterns for flows, layouts, and interactions.
- Experience designing UX for multiple shipped mobile products.
- Expert knowledge of mobile device and OS specific design patterns (iOS/Android).
- Expert knowledge of UX process and usability design principles.
- Expert understanding of hierarchy and layout design principles.
- Awareness of current trends in user interface design.
- Strong visual design skills.
- Positive attitude and an ability to receive and provide objective feedback.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- 5 years or more of UX design experience, preferably in a gaming field.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Proficient in multiple design tools (Adobe Creative Suite (XD, Photoshop, Illustrator), Sketch, Framer, Principle, Zeplin, Flinto, etc.)
- Illustration skills to paint UI screens, frames, borders, icons, etc.
- JIRA Fluency.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top