Senior UX Designer
- Irvine, CA
Job Title: Senior UX Designer
Requisition ID: R003031
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and passionate senior UX designer to create and implement exceptional user experiences and designs on an unannounced project. As a senior UX designer, you will foster Blizzard's core value of "Gameplay First" as you collaborate with art, design, engineering, sound, and production to rally around a consistent vision for user experience and UI. Your responsibilities will involve close collaboration with developers across the team, influencing gameplay systems, artistic tone, controls, flow, and more.
We are a team of passionate developers that highly value open-minded collaboration, direct feedback, and the eagerness to grab and drive the project to Blizzard quality. As a senior UX designer on the team, you will inspire and align the team around user experience, UI, flow and goals. When particularly hard problems arise, you'll draw upon the team's collective creativity to finalize a creative vision that meets the project's needs.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience expanding, leading, and implementing UX development and UI efforts for modern AAA titles. Additionally, the candidate will possess an exceptional ability to collaborate across large teams and pitch/evangelize ideas as part of a larger-scale creative framework. By blending your mastery of design and creative direction, you will rally and align teams around building epic, memorable experiences. Please note, this role requires hands-on implementation experience and a core aspect of your success will be in hands-on implementation of your designs.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Work with game designers to translate game system requirements into experiences.
- Craft UX artifacts to communicate solutions (flows, wireframes, prototypes, etc.).
- Design and visualize user interface screens, transitions, animations, and VFX.
- Establish and maintain patterns for flows, layouts, and interactions.
- Implement UI and UX artifacts in-game using proprietary scripting languages.
- Work closely with artists and visual designers to establish a consistent visual identity and language that supports the experience.
- Iterate and evolve designs based on user feedback.
- Ensure consistency, authenticity, and harmony across all systems, user experience, and user interfaces.
- Help steer strategic creative decisions and ensure consistency of vision with all efforts related to the project.
- Champion Blizzard's core values, especially "Commit to Quality."
- 5+ years working as a UX designer in gaming or interactive design field.
- Experience designing UX for multiple shipped AAA products.
- Expert understanding of hierarchy and layout design principles.
- Expert knowledge of UX process and usability design principles.
- Expert knowledge of PC/Console-specific design patterns.
- Game engine scripting and implementation experience.
- Strong visual design skills and experience working closely with artists.
- Awareness of current trends in user interface design.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate creative vision and to align vision with internal partners and an intended market.
- Exceptional ability to conceptualize, pitch, and implement game concepts using various tools, technology, and visual language.
- Positive attitude and an ability to receive and provide objective feedback.
- Self-motivated, collaborative, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient in multiple design tools (Adobe Creative Suite (XD, Photoshop, Illustrator), Sketch, Framer, Principle, Zeplin, Flinto, etc.).
- Illustration skills to paint UI screens, frames, borders, icons, etc.
- Passion for and extensive experience playing Blizzard games.
- Resume which must include:
- A link to your portfolio so that we can see examples of your work.
- Cover Letter which must include: (Recommended)
- Why you are interested in joining Blizzard Entertainment
- Your experience and relationship with Blizzard games
- What games you are currently playing.
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant UX/UI skills required
- Only online submissions are accepted (e.g. website, blog, or online album)
- Must be willing to complete a UX/UI test if required to do so
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top