Senior Tools Engineer
- Irvine, CA
Job Title: Senior Tools Engineer
Requisition ID: R002999
Do you love improving legacy systems and building great workflows? Blizzard is seeking a passionate tools engineer to help take our games to the next level. As part of a small, dedicated group of engineers, you will work to develop, maintain and improve the tooling and systems used in building, and delivering our games.
If you thrive in an agile environment and have the desire to constantly improve quality and efficiency, we'd love to talk more about how you can help us navigate toward a smarter, more efficient future.
- Write and extend our tooling infrastructure to help developers hit their ambitious goals whilst supporting a live AAA game with a frequent stream of content releases.
- Simplify, improve, and create system level solutions to maximize team efficiency while minimizing development downtime
- Work closely with game teams to drive automation, provide development services, and help eliminate technical debt
- Identify and resolve production pipeline issues and discover opportunities for process improvement
- Maintain current live systems/services, including legacy tooling and physical hardware
- Be a 'force multiplier' to the team by making the development process faster, safer, and easier than it's ever been before.
- Collaborate with other teams across the company to maintain deployment pipelines
- Support the team by responding to issues, answering questions, and fixing bugs
- A minimum 5 years of experience in delivering production-level code in a professional environment
- Comfortable diagnosing issues on Windows, Linux, and OSX
- Practical experience w/ Jenkins and Jenkins Pipeline
- Proficiency in C#, .NET
- Familiar writing Perl, Python, Lua, or other interpreted languages
- Familiar w/ Git, SVN, and Perforce
- Familiarity with Diablo 3, at least at a casual player level
- Commitment to code quality, documentation, and testing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with web frameworks (e.g. Angular and/or React)
- Relational database experience (MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL, etc.)
- Proficient in C++
- Experience with game development pipelines
Back to top