Senior Test Lead
The concept of “Blizzard polish,” that is, the infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games, is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. It’s a responsibility shared across the company – and its undisputed heart and soul is Blizzard QA. We’re searching for like-minded folks with a passion for QA to help us continue to deliver unforgettable gaming experiences for years to come. Blizzard QA is a close-knit team; we care about iteration, problem solving, and succeeding as a group. We genuinely love what we do for a living, and expect the same from everyone who joins us! If your career is ready for its next great challenge, get in touch and let’s get to work!
About the job
The world needs heroes. Assemble your team and prepare to embark on a journey to create the most epic experiences ever! We’re looking for an innovative and technically proficient Senior Test Lead with an ability to see the big picture, and push testing strategies to the next level. You will be responsible for leading a team of testers, and partnering with other teams to drive quality assurance initiatives.
- Lead, recruit, coach, and manage a team of 5+ towards individual and team excellence
- Partner and provide high value quality-related services to development leadership
- Accountable for the quality of all work and relationships on their team
- Drive test development, estimation, planning, execution, reporting, and closure
- Project manage and maintain schedules for responsible test area
- Develop training materials for project team and lead workshops for test leadership, requirements gathering, and risk identification
- Coach and develop leadership talent across the department for succession planning
- Champion and influence software development best practices and the customer experience, always
- Coordinate responsible test area with regional teams
- Create, monitor, and control metrics impacting product and team quality
- Analyze product quality and usability, associated system limitations, and report on risk
- Host test closure activities; e.g. testware evaluation, knowledge transfer, retrospectives
- Lead, connect, and partner with teams across Blizzard towards quality initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Experience leading test teams: 7 years
- Management experience: 5 years
- Experience with white/gray/black box and automation test methods
- Demonstrated experience in test planning for complex features/systems
- Shipped multiple game titles as a test lead
- Passion for video games and software quality
- Experience with Selenium or SoapUI
- Familiarity with Blizzard Entertainment line of products and services
- Certification in any of the following: PMP, Scrum Master, ISTQB-ATM
- Experience working in global teams.
- Experience leading other leaders.
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top