Senior Test Analyst, Battle.net
Imagine a world that is under a constant threat of dark, destructive forces; evil powers that cause Diablo to crash just as players are about to reach level 70, trigger the Zeppelin to drop characters off in the middle of the ocean, and prevent Raynor from being able to attack the Dominion. There is terror in the air. Players all around the world are paralyzed; filled with despair as they stare at their screens in shock. This is where you come in: a hero who will embark on a series of quests to uncover bugs, find defects, and right what is wrong to bring peace to players across the globe.
- Partner with test stakeholders to collaboratively identify and meet test objectives.
- Draft test plans with a strategic selection of test methods and approach.
- Analyze and prioritize the value of manual testing for automation.
- Develop test suites, cases, estimations, and report on durations.
- Execute test, document test results, and measure impact.
- Report on the user experience and test results, escalating when necessary.
- Understand design tenets and be an oracle of knowledge for a component, system, or feature.
- Ensure test tool data is high quality, fully traceable, and updated daily.
- Document and maintain all necessary testware.
- Participate in test closure activities; e.g. testware evaluation, knowledge transfer, and retrospectives.
- Coach and mentor other test analysts.
- Champion the customer experience at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in software testing
- Certified ISTQB advanced test analyst or equivalent
- Able to analyze and interpret data / workflows, recognize critical issues, and raise concerns
- Understands various software development life cycle best practices
- Domain knowledge expertise
- Passion for video games and software quality
- Gray box and white box testing experience
- Experience with application lifecycle and test case management software development planning tools
- Familiar with Blizzard’s line of products and services
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top