Senior Technical Artist - Shared Game Engine
- Irvine, CA
Job Title: Senior Technical Artist - Shared Game Engine
Requisition ID: R002154
Are you passionate about clean workflows, joyous user experiences, and solving challenges for games of all shapes and sizes? Do you want to delight developers with great tools just as much as you want to excite players with great games? Do you come into work eager to figure out how to make an ambitious idea suddenly effortless to create? Blizzard Entertainment's Shared Game Engine team is looking for you, a highly skilled and motivated Senior Technical Artist, to help us shape our development experiences.
Our ideal candidate is a strong technical individual with practical experience in as many production pipeline roles as possible. In this role you will help represent and integrate content creators across Blizzard. You will create example content, new workflows, and tools in the engine ecosystem to help create the most epic entertainment experiences ever. You will add your experience to a team of dedicated engine developers and teams across the company to execute on this shared vision.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
We will entrust you with
- Creating and integrating sample content representative of Art and Design at Blizzard
- Designing systems and workflows that support rapid prototyping and scale to games of epic proportions
- Collaborating with Engineers and UX professionals to create Blizzard Quality tools
You bring with you
- Deep understanding of game content workflows, such as Character Art, Environment Art, Game Scripting, and Visual Effects
- Experience with Lighting and Shaders
- A hands-on, solid understanding of C++ (Expert level skills not required)
- Strong technical problem-solving ability
Nice to haves
- Familiarity with procedural content creation tools, such as Substance Designer and Houdini
- Experience with developing plugins, such as Python C Extensions, Maya C++ Plugins, or similar
- Deep understanding of runtime performance, optimization, and debugging, especially tools like VTune, NSight, and RenderDoc
- Understanding of Production-level art creation
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We've worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything, and our core values are real.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Join us!
Back to top