Senior Technical Artist, Runtime
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an exceptionally skilled technical artist to join us in developing art prototypes, techniques, and pipelines.
Your quest is to strengthen the team with problem solving unique to someone deeply passionate about both art and engineering. Your breadth of skills and experience will be critical to helping us refine our artistic practices. Your role is challenging and varied; your domain extends anywhere from modeling tools, to python plugins, to rendering improvements. We look to you to solve hard problems using knowledge, creativity, and teamwork.
Our ideal candidate has extensive experience as a technical artist on one or more successful AAA console or PC Games. We are looking for someone with deep understanding of game engines and game creation tools. We want an excellent collaborator who can apply their insight to improve both the technology and the people around them.
You’ll be part of a team just as excited about making great games as you are, and together we’ll work to create some of the most epic entertainment experiences ever.
- Comprehensive knowledge of 3D content creation software, such as 3ds Max or Maya
- Strong technical background and a positive attitude
- Highly self-motivated and collaborative, able to develop tools, prototypes, and features from start to finish
- Ability to communicate effectively with artists, designers, engineers, and other technical artists
- Detail-oriented problem solving ability
- Expert-level knowledge of Python, C#, or C++
- Experience with 3D Rendering, such as shaders, visual effects, or linear algebra
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in technical art
- Passion for playing and making video games
- Experience with games that use a first-person perspective.
- Modeling and animation skills in 3D content creation software
- Knowledge, understanding, and familiarity with Blizzard Universes and Lore
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio and/or Reel demonstrating technical skills
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog, or online album)
- An art or tech test may be required
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top