Senior Technical Artist, Pipeline
- Irvine, CA
Job Title: Senior Technical Artist, Pipeline
Requisition ID: R002282
Here at Blizzard Entertainment, game development teams are on a quest: bring our dream games to life and make them as awesome on the screen as they are in our heads. To accomplish that, we need smart, driven people with serious talents.
Members of the Classic Games team are experienced developers and die-hard Blizzard fans who strive to make the most recognizable and epic experiences in world. We are experts in a bit of everything and our team works to carry all of Blizzard's properties, game design, and art styles into the future.
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an experienced, proactive technical artist to support Classic Games. Tech Art's goal is to empower artists to achieve their vision, while meeting the performance requirements of our games and production milestones. You will implement artist tools and automate workflows in our highly iterative pipeline. You will be responsible for prototyping new and unique looks, supporting artists to achieve the high visual quality bar Blizzard is known for, all while ensuring our games runs as smooth as possible for our dedicated and passionate players.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options
- Develop tools to facilitate the creation of art assets
- Support and improve content creation workflows
- Assist in the creation of complex assets and/or prototypes using breadth of knowledge
- Work with artists to prototype new and unique looks while ensuring maximum performance
- Review code, data, and asset commits through various phases of development
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in game development using 3ds Max, Maya, or similar DCC
- Working knowledge of concepts in digital 2D/3D, both in content creation and in engine
- Artist tool creation using Python in tandem with DCC SDKs and APIs
- A hands-on, solid understanding of C++
- Strong understanding of rendering and shaders
- Strong problem-solving and technical debugging ability
- Self-managing, good communication skills, and collaborative
- Have shipped a AAA PC or console game as a technical artist
- Experience with application frameworks such as Qt/PySide
- Experience with creating native Python extensions
- FX knowledge: particle systems, dynamics, animated materials, attachments, etc
- Familiar with Substance Designer
- Skill in one or more related art disciplines, especially FX
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Heroes of the Storm
Back to top